Need help to identify these shrimps!!!

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

harikrishna
Egg
Egg

Need help to identify these shrimps!!!

Post by harikrishna »

Hi all
Am harry and am fairly new to the shrimp hobby.
I am trying to buy some shrimps from an online buyer and wanted to know what am buying since he told me they were ''BLUE KNIGHTS''. After having my cherry shrimps for 3-4 months now and already an addict. I cycled another tank for 2 month now and want some more shrimps in my new 20 gallon. I want to be sure of what am buying since am new to shrimps and dont want to be stuck with some shrimps i dont want. The thing is am only into dwarf shrimp and am trying to buy those since he told me they are Neocaridina and easy to keep. Theres some pictures of them from the seller. http://imgur.com/a/70S2w#2
Please help cause i want to get this right the first time:)
Thanks in advance :roll:
Harry
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Need help to identify these shrimps!!!

Post by Mustafa »

Hello Harry,

It's hard to tell on those pictures as the shrimp aren't in all that great shape and thus aren't showing their usual colors/markings (and the picture is somewhat blurry), but they look like Malawa shrimp. To be 100% sure I would have to see them in a proper setting in larger groups. I have never even heard about "blue knight" shrimp, so obviously the seller, or someone he/she bought from, made up the name recently. Maybe he/she doesn't even know what shrimp these are, either, but just gives out unverified information (quite common), kinda like all those people selling some type of mutt/wild-type Neocaridina sp. as "babaulti green shrimp."