my shrimp tank(s)

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

mrshrimpy
Egg
Egg

my shrimp tank(s)

Post by mrshrimpy »

I am getting quite a colony of shrimp going. My primary tank is a 5.5g that has been up and going for over a year in various forms. I started a few months ago with 5 Amano to see if they would live. I lost 2 but the others are doing great so I added 10 pee wee red rilli that were <1/4" and they disappeared. Not to be discouraged I added 10 tigers in the 1/2" range. They are hard to see against the dark substrate but can see at least 7-8. A couple of weeks later got a deal on some Tangerine tigers so I put 2 in the 5.5 and the other 8 in my 20g heavily planted tank. Then a couple of weeks later got another deal on some Yellow Neos (10/$0.99+ $10 shipping) so 3 went in the 5.5 and the rest in the 20. Today I just received some great Sulawesis from Mustafa and because they are just under 1/2" I decided to put them in the 5g to be able to keep an eye on them. That 5.5g is great to watch. There is such a variety you can really see the different behaviors of each species. The Sulawesi are by far the most active. The 20 is so heavily planted that I only see 1 or 2 at any given time so I don't know how many have survived. Hopefully will be seeing more in the months to come. I have a 10g that I will be moving the Amanos to this weekend. If they are happy in there, will be looking for some more Rili's to go with them.
Nibble12
Egg
Egg

Re: my shrimp tank(s)

Post by Nibble12 »

Your lucky! i'm just trying to get one started. :)
mrshrimpy
Egg
Egg

Post by mrshrimpy »

Don't give up. Key is a mature tank, then find shrimp that like your water.
Nibble12
Egg
Egg

Post by Nibble12 »

I know, but your accomplishments are HUGE! I don't even know how much it costs to get a shrimp tank, or what live plants to put inside and what filter... :(
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Welcome to shrimpkeeping, mrshrimpy. :) Once your shrimp are all settled and grown up, feel free to post some pictures.