My success story

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

springdote
Egg
Egg

Re: My success story

Post by springdote »

Today brought a delightful surprise as seven new larvae emerged from the female that bore eggs at the end of last November. Initially, she was carrying approximately 12 eggs. Interestingly, it seems this batch took a bit longer to hatch, likely due to cooler water temperatures. My tank remains unheated, with winter temperatures averaging around 65 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit, while in the summer, it hovers around 70 to 72 degrees.

What's particularly fascinating is that I still haven't introduced any external food for the shrimp. They appear perfectly content to graze on the substrate algae, thriving solely on what nature provides within the tank. It's a testament to the self-sustaining ecosystem that's developed within this fascinating aquatic environment.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: My success story

Post by Mustafa »

springdote wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:05 am Today brought a delightful surprise as seven new larvae emerged from the female that bore eggs at the end of last November. Initially, she was carrying approximately 12 eggs. Interestingly, it seems this batch took a bit longer to hatch, likely due to cooler water temperatures. My tank remains unheated, with winter temperatures averaging around 65 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit, while in the summer, it hovers around 70 to 72 degrees.

What's particularly fascinating is that I still haven't introduced any external food for the shrimp. They appear perfectly content to graze on the substrate algae, thriving solely on what nature provides within the tank. It's a testament to the self-sustaining ecosystem that's developed within this fascinating aquatic environment.
Hi there! Are you "tooth"? I'm just a bit confused as your post seems to be a continuation of the thread by "tooth" but you have a different (new) username.