beets for rcs

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

bossie71
Egg
Egg

beets for rcs

Post by bossie71 »

i decided to feed blanched beets to my rcs. thought the color would enhance their color and beets are very nutritious. well now my tank is a beautiful hue of red. anyone know if beets are harmful to shrimp? they seem to like them. i hope i don't wake up tomorrow to a tank full of dead shrimp.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: beets for rcs

Post by Mustafa »

You're going to cause a bacterial bloom sooner or later, which will kill your shrimp sooner or later. Just read all the information you can possibly read in this forum. Do a bunch of searches, and if any more questions are open, come back to ask them. Shrimp don't need anything else but very *moderate* amounts of normal fish food and whatever already grows in their tanks.
bossie71
Egg
Egg

Re: beets for rcs

Post by bossie71 »

i have and theres info. on other vegetables for food but nothing on beets. i feed very sparingly and they like it. so far no problems. i have blanched enough for a year for them so i guess ill keep feeding it. the snails love it too and my tanks crystal clean. does seem to enhance their color as fed over time.