New shrimp tank !!

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Barrows123
Egg
Egg

New shrimp tank !!

Post by Barrows123 »

I recently stared a cherry shrimp tank in my 8l nano aquarium , so far I have seven adult cherry shrimp ( 3 females 4 males ) and I have some ceramic breeding tubes with Christmas moss around them , 2 moss balls , dwuaf hairgrass , some rock but no heater. My tank has a small filter compartment at the back with also creates a gentle flow of water. One of my females are already pregnant ( so excited !! ) and I was just wondering what is the maximum number of cherry shrimp that could fit in this 8l tank ?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: New shrimp tank !!

Post by Mustafa »

There is no "maximum number" per se. You'll just have to see how well the shrimp do once they reproduce...if you end up with 20 or 30 due to offspring and they do well, then great. But I would not necessarily throw in 20-30 adult shrimp into such a small tank.
Barrows123
Egg
Egg

Re: New shrimp tank !!

Post by Barrows123 »

Ok thank you for the reply , if it does get a bit crowed i.e 20-30 shrimp I will upgrade my tank to a bitter tank , maybe 25-35 letre tank