Creative Food?

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

erikgallagher
Egg
Egg

Creative Food?

Post by erikgallagher »

Hi again, my next question is what you be able to feed a Cray? I have shrimp pellets that are going to be his main meal but I know he would need some vegetation as well. Some people told me I could use give him lettuce or cucumber slices. Would this be good? I know there are pesticides and growth hormones in grocery food. Would those harm my crayfish? We have a garden with nothing chemical based in it. What are all the different vegetables and meat products I can give to my crayfish?
Craw Chief
Egg
Egg

Re: Creative Food?

Post by Craw Chief »

Some of the best high calcium veggies are spinach, collard greens, broccoli, celery, etc. I like to make some DIY "snail jello". It's really simple:

You need:
Veggies of your choice (I use spinach)
High calcium baby food (just go to the grocery store and find the jar with the highest % calcium)
Unflavored gelatin
Calcium supplements (optional)
Fish flakes, algae wafers, etc. (optional)

What I do is pour the baby food in a bowl and microwave it on high for about 30-45 seconds. Then slowly pour a packet of unflavored gelatin in. Now add your other ingredients. I like to chop up spinach, crunch up some algae wafers, and maybe put a few fish flakes in if I have some. Stir it all up, then stick it in the fridge until it's jello! I'd recommend freezing it in between feeding sessions, because it can go bad pretty quick. And there you have it!
erikgallagher
Egg
Egg

Re: Creative Food?

Post by erikgallagher »

See this is the stuff I like to know about thanks so much for I information I really appreciate your help thank u so much :D