Gold Pearl Shrimp?!

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

jayr232
Larva
Larva

Gold Pearl Shrimp?!

Post by jayr232 »

So I went back to the LFS where I bought my RCS (and got hook with shrimps) to see if they have any Blue Pearl shrimp but sadly they don't have any. However they do have Crystal Red/Black Shrimp, White Pearl shrimp ( with further research, turns out to be snowball shrimp) and the tank besides snowball shrimp is labled as Gold Pearl shrimp. I have no idea what it is since there weren't any shrimps left in the tank and the other shrimp tanks barely has shrimps (1-2 shrimps or so) so I was hoping that if anyone has encountered GPS I would love if you could share a picture of it since I can't find anything about it in google (shocks!) or if GPS is just another name for a some sort of a common shrimp but if nobody knows about them, i'll try to go back to my LFS and hopefully take some pictures of them. :smt006 :smt006
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Gold Pearl Shrimp?!

Post by Mustafa »

Unfortunately, you'd have to take pictures. There are so many different names out there that people come up with for the *same* species, that it's hard to tell you what species you have by just knowing the name.