Grade A CBS and Cherry Shrimps

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

jayr232
Larva
Larva

Grade A CBS and Cherry Shrimps

Post by jayr232 »

Here are some of my shrimps

Grade A CBS with 2 female cherry shrimps eating
i.imgur.com/V8hzThl.jpg

Grade A CBS grazing on limnophila aquatica
http://i.imgur.com/703ofMc.jpg

Grade A CBS with small maro
http://i.imgur.com/JH6aOsl.jpg

Same Grade A CBS with small maro
http://i.imgur.com/S4c7ltp.jpg
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Grade A CBS and Cherry Shrimps

Post by Mustafa »

Are you breeding them yet or did you just get them?
jayr232
Larva
Larva

Post by jayr232 »

Mustafa wrote:Are you breeding them yet or did you just get them?
Hi! Sorry for the late reply!! I just got these shrimps however, i already succeeded with breedinh the RCS and have already sold 60+ of them. Right now the CBS are in a different tank together with KK and snow whites hopefully to breed mischlings. Im also doing a TiBee project. I was planning to do a TaiTiBee project but my red bolt died so i cant do it anymore. The shrimps in ny TiBee project includes tiger shrimps,blue tiger shrimps, crystal goldeb/pink shrimp.

i will post some pictures after i get some results
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Good job on the RCS. :) I don't want to rain on your parade, but wait and see if you can actually breed normal CRS or Tiger shrimp before you start planning on crossing all kinds of shrimp. You'll quickly find out that breeding shrimp on a regular basis is not as easy as it may appear sometimes.
jayr232
Larva
Larva

Post by jayr232 »

Mustafa wrote:Good job on the RCS. :) I don't want to rain on your parade, but wait and see if you can actually breed normal CRS or Tiger shrimp before you start planning on crossing all kinds of shrimp. You'll quickly find out that breeding shrimp on a regular basis is not as easy as it may appear sometimes.
I actually already succeeded on breeding CBS. And I got a few tigers from a friend from hong kong when we met at the shrimp championship in sweden.
Im only trying to make mischlings so that the 2nd generation taiwan bees will be less sensitive with water parameter changes.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

jayr232 wrote:
Mustafa wrote:Are you breeding them yet or did you just get them?
Hi! Sorry for the late reply!! I just got these shrimps however, i already succeeded with breedinh the RCS and have already sold 60+ of them.
jayr232 wrote:
Mustafa wrote:Good job on the RCS. :) I don't want to rain on your parade, but wait and see if you can actually breed normal CRS or Tiger shrimp before you start planning on crossing all kinds of shrimp. You'll quickly find out that breeding shrimp on a regular basis is not as easy as it may appear sometimes.
I actually already succeeded on breeding CBS. And I got a few tigers from a friend from hong kong when we met at the shrimp championship in sweden.
Im only trying to make mischlings so that the 2nd generation taiwan bees will be less sensitive with water parameter changes.
So...last month you were only breeding RCS...but in about a month suddenly the CBS started breeding too? Even if so, reproducing them once or twice is not breeding. If you can get a population (and excess offspring) going for months and years...that's breeding...if you can produce stable color variations from such populations, that's selective breeding. Look...I don't want to kill your enthusiasm, but just repeating information that you read somewhere *and* making it look like you know what you're talking about (or worse, make it look like that information comes from your experience) is something that I will not allow in this forum.

I'm not going to elaborate further as it would require experience to actually understand what I am talking about, but all that talk about mixing shrimp to make them "stronger" and make them more "resistant" to higher pH levels is nonsense. *Any* of those shrimp can successfully live and breed at pH levels of 6.5-7.2...there are other factors that are responsible for people's failures. Again...reading something on the internet, no matter how often it is repeated, is not a guarantee for its veracity.