dwarf hermit crab and starfish

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Harry
Shrimp
Shrimp

dwarf hermit crab and starfish

Post by Harry »

Now that the dwarf crabs have gotten used to their new environment, they are full of tricks. One of them is obsessed with the three small starfish in the tank and has been moving them all over.
Attachments
starfish.jpg
starfish.jpg (377.09 KiB) Viewed 881 times
BostonJill
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: dwarf hermit crab and starfish

Post by BostonJill »

Harry wrote:Now that the dwarf crabs have gotten used to their new environment, they are full of tricks. One of them is obsessed with the three small starfish in the tank and has been moving them all over.

That's funny Harry. Are those dried starfish?
Harry
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Harry »

They are dried starfish from the guy with the colorful nerite shells. Also got some silver dollar shells for my big tank.
BostonJill
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by BostonJill »

Harry wrote:They are dried starfish from the guy with the colorful nerite shells. Also got some silver dollar shells for my big tank.
I love those little dried starfish but thought they would change the water chemistry. Are you saying it's safe to do?
Harry
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Harry »

I just read that because they are dead fish they will rehydrate and rot, spoiling the water and turning it cloudy. So I took them out. I'll keep them next to the tank as a decoration, but not in the tank. Thanks for calling my attention to the possibility of a problem.