giant fan shrimp help.

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

kelly0910
Egg
Egg

giant fan shrimp help.

Post by kelly0910 »

Hi
I am a beginner in keeping shrimp and would like a bit of help if any one knows of what might have happened to my shrimp.
I currently have 3 small shrimp (cant remember the name of them), 2 pictus catfish, 1 brachyplatystoma juruense catfish, and 2 giant fan shrimp.
I only bought the fan shrimp yesterday and they were in full view in the tank seemed quite happy and i saw them both this morning, i have come back this evening and cannot find them anywhere and was a bit concerned if anything could have happened to them? My smaller shrimp have been in the tank from the start and have been fine and i have been told my catfish are docile but may eat the smaller shrimp (but they dont bother with them, i have had them together for about 5 weeks now).
If anyone knows what may have happened or where they might be i would be very grateful :)

Thanks
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Re: giant fan shrimp help.

Post by KenCotigirl »

I believe they are night feeders and may be hiding. They are filter feeders. They may be found near the filter outflow.
kelly0910
Egg
Egg

Post by kelly0910 »

ok thanks, they are not near the filters and i have tried looking but still cannot find them its been 3 days now, might just be me being paranoid lol thanks for the reply :)
powerbook
Egg
Egg

Post by powerbook »

Did you find your shrimp?
I recently got a Singapore fan shrimp (2.5 inch now). It is very interesting one, disappears into moss wall. Then suddenly appear right next to spray bar.