my tanks

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

my tanks

Post by jonesinfershrimp »

Here is the pictures of my tanks! I only have one of the 20H, if you would like more let me know. :)

A bunch of the 40B with the ghosties, guppies and silvertip tetras (that im cleaning today, ill post new pics after)
Attachments
ghostie
ghostie
hiding
hiding
skull mountain
skull mountain
time to trim!
time to trim!
hard to see ghosties and silvertips
hard to see ghosties and silvertips
mmm breakfast
mmm breakfast
40B full view (notice the floating pennywort? how can you not...)
40B full view (notice the floating pennywort? how can you not...)
The 20H! plastic plants, 10 'squito fish (that ate about 75 ghosties on me :( )
The 20H! plastic plants, 10 'squito fish (that ate about 75 ghosties on me :( )
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: my tanks

here is the rest of the pictures
Attachments
some new decor :D gona look great (hopefully!)
some new decor :D gona look great (hopefully!)
chinese algae eater
chinese algae eater
forever (not) alone
forever (not) alone
loving those sponges
loving those sponges
maple leaf
maple leaf
April0684
Egg
Egg

Post by April0684 »

Really enjoyed seeing your setup and I love that skull cave! I am also thinking of going with that theme for my tank since the name Ghost Shrimp goes well with it! :)
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

:-D thanks April! i'm glad you enjoyed them. i have a little bit more to do and then i will post some new pics. i have to figure out where to put my amazon swords and then it *should* be all set for a while.

i am also in the process of setting up my 10 gallon for a shrimp only tank. im gona do a leaf litter bottom with oak and a variety of maple (sugar, japanese, and sycamore) i just have to finish deleafing and wait for the leaves to dry (i cut down some small oak trees yesterday that were a problem for my mom).

if anyone wants some, ill pack a small flat rate USPS box full for you (if you dont have anywhere to get safe leaves). ill charge only shipping as leaves are free anyway.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Thanks for the pics! :)
April0684
Egg
Egg

Post by April0684 »

jonesinfershrimp wrote::-D thanks April! i'm glad you enjoyed them. i have a little bit more to do and then i will post some new pics. i have to figure out where to put my amazon swords and then it *should* be all set for a while.

i am also in the process of setting up my 10 gallon for a shrimp only tank. im gona do a leaf litter bottom with oak and a variety of maple (sugar, japanese, and sycamore) i just have to finish deleafing and wait for the leaves to dry (i cut down some small oak trees yesterday that were a problem for my mom).

if anyone wants some, ill pack a small flat rate USPS box full for you (if you dont have anywhere to get safe leaves). ill charge only shipping as leaves are free anyway.
Your welcome! :D I look forward to seeing your new pics once your finished redecorating.

I would really love to see your 10g shrimp tank once it's done as well! I love that your doing the leaf litter bottom. I'm sure that's going to look awesome! It's kind of you to offer the leaves out to folks too.
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

i have my 10 gallon cycling with a DIY filter and a silvertip tetra, getting ready for the leaf litter (that is still drying).

the next tank to my collection will *hopefully* be a 70G bowfront that my neighbor is getting rid of for cheap (with the stand for $500 - maybe i can talk him down to $450) im debating on what to put in it though. should i put in a neo or some supershrimps?

edit: i visited my more favorable LFS today (i visit both every monday) and i found they had a 5.5g tank with a BUNCH of RCS! all juvenile, not one more than 1cm! even though they were low quality they still wanted $3.49 each! but i cant find them anywhere else locally for cheaper. maybe when i get the 70G ill do it up for the RCS. Thoughts? I have been thinking lately that i would like to do a breeding operation for shrimp, especially since the closest LFS is 20 minuets away (i feel its torture for the poor fellas in the bags on the way home.)
Last edited by jonesinfershrimp on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

UPDATE!!!

:D i have the new pictures of the 40B with the driftwood in and some awesome news!

*AWESOME NEWS*
while i was doing my 25% weekly water change today, i found at LEAST one baby ghostie!! i dont know what kind of luck this is, being a community tank and all. that shrimp is either the luckiest ever or found the greatest hiding place ever. i hope there is more!

*PICTURES*
new drift wood - thoughts?
new drift wood - thoughts?
java fern babies
java fern babies
the underpass
the underpass
couple ghosties - underneath the right piece of wood - the "hangout"
couple ghosties - underneath the right piece of wood - the "hangout"
hard to see :( but king of the mountain! one of the bigger ghosts
hard to see :( but king of the mountain! one of the bigger ghosts
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

i spy with my little eye, 3 ghost shrimp!
i spy with my little eye, 3 ghost shrimp!
Winslow! the blue guppy :p
Winslow! the blue guppy :p
male ghostie - :( blurry
male ghostie - :( blurry
Charles the chinese algae eater!
Charles the chinese algae eater!
-_- Chowder on the far right (yellow guppy) tryin to get with Helena (whos had 2 set of fry so far!)
-_- Chowder on the far right (yellow guppy) tryin to get with Helena (whos had 2 set of fry so far!)
horrible angle of the "hangout" lmao ill get a better one
horrible angle of the "hangout" lmao ill get a better one
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Mustafa, can i hijack my own thread? if not its cool, but im totally goin for it :p

i was searching around online and i found this https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/commen ... riums_and/
now dont get hung up on the URL, its a good read. even made me chuckle at parts :) and i appreciate that the conversation is taking place in pokemon fourms xD lmao
pauly
Egg
Egg

Post by pauly »

great tanks
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

thanks pauly!

i got my 10gal stocked (a single silver tip and 11 ghosties explanation on that later) but i still need to get the leaves down. the ones indoors drying are going much slower than expected, but there are a couple trees full of leaves i cut that are moving along nicely. ill be getting the layer (1" - 1.5") of oak leaves down within the week hopefully. ill have an update on that soon!

also - 70G bowfront status is currently unknown BUT i picked up 2 55G for freee!! im keeping one and giving one to the wife. i want to stock mine with shrimp, she said im going crazy. :mrgreen: maybe i am LMAO!

9/19 - went and saw the 72BF this morning - looked in great condition, with a stand, fluval canister, and some decorations. - $400 AND
i picked up a 125 saltwater double overflow (on the back wall not the corners) for another $100. - $500 total for both. :mrgreen: :smt007 i. am. SOO. happy. lol
Last edited by jonesinfershrimp on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Thanks for the link and pictures! :)
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

SO! it's monday, happy monday to you all :D (at least it was for me!) i went to my (more) prefered LFS today and bought some new ghosties to add to my 10G. i spent <$7 on 50 ( 3 didnt make it home and im not expecting much more than 20 to live past a week ). about 15~20 are berried females. some around 7 eggs and others up to more than i can count probably around 20 or more though im guessing. a nice variety of sizes, ranging from small to large (1.5 - 3.5 cm max size ~5 cm) and what ones that dont survive i will put into my 40B for my guppies and STT and what ghosties are left in there or the 20H for the mosquito fishes.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Ummm...happy Wednesday! :-D How many are still alive?