my tanks

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: my tanks

Post by Mustafa »

I don't know about others but I love them. :) It's also a matter of "if it's easily available and cheap people don't appreciate it." The American glass/shot shrimp (Palaemonetes paludosus) is plentiful here in the US (and possibly available in Canada, too). But in Europe and elsewhere they are a hot commodity that very few people have. Once something becomes rare people become more interested in it. It's human nature. Now a fully red or blue ghost shrimp would be rare. :)
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by jonesinfershrimp »

Mustafa wrote:I don't know about others but I love them. :) It's also a matter of "if it's easily available and cheap people don't appreciate it." The American glass/shot shrimp (Palaemonetes paludosus) is plentiful here in the US (and possibly available in Canada, too). But in Europe and elsewhere they are a hot commodity that very few people have. Once something becomes rare people become more interested in it. It's human nature. Now a fully red or blue ghost shrimp would be rare. :)
that bold line, has never rang more true here lately. and if we could get a full black, full white, or a striped black/white and possibly with a full orange tail we'd have more than rare ;P (anyone who plays pokemon would get this) we'd have a shiny rare! lol
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by jonesinfershrimp »

This ghost shrimp has an astonishing amount of color on it for being what it is. its got a whole bunch of white "freckles" on it. i hope i can breed it before its time is up. my lfs's need to get them in already! it is the only shrimp in the tank with a bunch of guppies. its a 20L with only a sponge (im gona call it medium) filter and a small circulation pump that does about 50gph that i think i turned down a bit. the air pump running the filter is a tetra whisper 40/60. its about 1.5" long and easily the largest shrimp i have currently
Attachments
This Ghost Shrimp thoooo
This Ghost Shrimp thoooo
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

That's actually part of the normal variation in this species.