Wood shrimp behaviour

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

shirls
Egg
Egg

Wood shrimp behaviour

Post by shirls »

Hi wonder if someone can help I have 2 wood shrimp and have had them just over a few months now and all of a sudden over the last week or 2 I have noticed that where my heater is they sit right at the very top as part of the heater is out of the water and you will see the 2 of them sitting at the top with sometimes part of there body out of the water. This morning when I went to check on them they were both again sitting at the top and both looked really pink and I thought oh here we go they have died at the top(I know that sounds silly) but I was able to disturb them and the both swam away, it was originally only 1 of them that was doing it but now I have the 2 of them doing it

I'm a little bit concerned or it is just normal behaviour, I dont even think (unless all my fish and yamato shrimp have eat it) they have molted since I got them

Could someone help shed some light I would be greaful
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Wood shrimp behaviour

Post by jonesinfershrimp »

water parameters?
shirls
Egg
Egg

Post by shirls »

Thanks for that, think it must have been as now have since lost my wood shrimp

Thanks again
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by jonesinfershrimp »

:( how unfortunate. do you still have the tank set up? if so, post the water parameters and we could possibly help a bit more.