Too much coral?

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Munakgirl
Larva
Larva

Too much coral?

Post by Munakgirl »

So I found these two nice coral at a new local fish store (I barely skimmed over and grabbed first two nice ones I was way too excited and rushed...) they were so very cheap.... I got them both for under $2!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/carmesi ... c.jpg.html
(It refuses to let me post the picture...)

So I want to maybe take out my fake coral and put in the red coral. I will prolly put the white one in with my fan coral into my 1gallon.

I dunno what I should do with my fake coral.... Maybe I could add it into the 1gallon for a while to jump start the cycle. But then I wouldn't have room for the real one... I think I was too zealous lol... I may go back and find some smallet pieces and rehome the big one... I haven't decided.

Off track, original question; can you have too much real coral in your tank? Won't make the pH too high or anything. The red coral is beautiful in water under the light. I wonder if it would bring out their red coloring?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Too much coral?

Post by Mustafa »

Some of my tanks (and other people's tanks) have crushed coral as a substrate, so, no, you can't really have too much coral. And the red coloration of the shrimp will come out one way or another once they settle in and the tank has been running for a while. But the red coral does look nice. :)