What types of shrimp do people keep here

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

HELLCAT6203
Egg
Egg

What types of shrimp do people keep here

Post by HELLCAT6203 »

I was wondering what other types of shrimp that people have keep here?
Keystone
Larva
Larva

Re: What types of shrimp do people keep here

Post by Keystone »

I mostly stick to verbal pool inhabitants....fairy shrimp, clam shrimp & seed shrimp
Varanus
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Post by Varanus »

I've tried to keep various species, but the only ones I've succeeded with long-term and bred have been supershrimp, ghost shrimp and brine shrimp (the sea monkey variety).
Stalker
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Stalker »

Brine shrimp, Neocaridina davidi (wild and self-selected red cherry), malawa, Macrobrachium, and gammarus.
demonte1997
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by demonte1997 »

I stick with Macros. Currently have 3 monster rosenbergii.
Critter Doc
Egg
Egg

Post by Critter Doc »

demonte1997, cool! What kind of tank do you have them in, and what parameters do they like?

I have a small 5-gallon hex with about 50 Opae'ula (soon to be more, I hope, as there are several saddled females) and a 20-gallon hex with a mixed population of mostly Caridina shrimp (CRS, CBS, Ruby reds, black King Kongs, yellow King Kongs, royal blue tigers, Santa shrimp, ghost bees, Amanos) and a dozen Bloody Mary Neos. Contemplating setting up a 20-gallon long for Sulawesi Cardinals. No, I'm not obsessed at all... :)
AnotherKevin
Larva
Larva

Post by AnotherKevin »

I have a bunch of Amano shrimp, and some ghost shrimp, in two heavily planted tanks.

I think ghost shrimp are under-rated. They have a unique appearance and are fun to watch. I like that they're a bit hard to see at first.

I also have a small opae ula tank (which is why I visited this site) which I will be giving away soon as a gift.