Newbie w questions

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

Tuckertbnc
Egg
Egg

Newbie w questions

Post by Tuckertbnc »

I started out with a 6 gallon tall/round tank with ghost shrimp only ... told my hubby about Dwarf Cajun crayfish and 'he' decided 'I' just had to have them too ... Ordered 4 - 6 arrived and I immediately realized the 6 gallon was not going to do for the shrimp and crayfish too ... Trip to PetSmart > 20 gallon long & glass top & filter for a 29 with a sponge cover for the uptake .... Home , set-up with a driftwood log covered w java fern > Had for years , 4 moss balls , 2 different kinds of tall growing plants , a banana plant , 4 chorro logs .... Since it is still 'new' the plants haven't had time to grow in 'thickly' ....

I have 6 young/adult DC crayfish .. 10/15 adult Ghost shrimp and 2 nerite snails only , in this tank ... They all seem to be extremely happy 3 weeks in , because I have multiple baby ghost shrimp and baby crayfish :D ... I am only feeding 4 to 6 veggie/calcium sticks a day for everyone because I don't want to overfeed ..... My question ... How many crayfish & G shrimp can I have in this 20 gallon before it becomes overcrowded ?? I have a 55 gallon I can move some of each into , when they grow bigger (and the new live plants in the 55 get thicker) , but right now they would be snacks for the 4 Kissing Gouramis and 3 varieties of Tetras I have in the 55 ....
Attachments
16938524_1430638573637496_3502429871783887678_n.jpg
Tuckertbnc
Egg
Egg

Re: Newbie w questions

Post by Tuckertbnc »

No one can give me an idea of population numbers for a 20 gallon long tank ??