Welcome to Petshrimp.com's new Crayfish Forum!!

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

If everything goes well I'll be getting some Orange Mexican Dwarf Crayfish this week. Then I'll be trying my hands at breeding them and if everything goes well, other hobbyists here in North America can start enjoying them, too, in the future. :)

Mustafa
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »

Wow Janis, thanks for the droolzzzzz ... hehehehehe :smt064
edinjapan
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by edinjapan »

Mustafa wrote:If everything goes well I'll be getting some Orange Mexican Dwarf Crayfish this week. Then I'll be trying my hands at breeding them and if everything goes well, other hobbyists here in North America can start enjoying them, too, in the future. :)

Mustafa
I sent an e-mail to Harro (look in any Aqualog and you'll see his name) about this, I hope that he can put me in contact with someone who has these in Europe and then I can convince Yasuo (a Japanese friend of mine to pick up some on one of his business trips)

BTW check out this Yahoo site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AquariumH ... alSociety/

There is a lot of good information here and the people are some of the famous names of our hobby.
Janis
Larva
Larva

Post by Janis »

Hi Mustafa,

Just wondering if you got your Orange Mexican Dwarf Crayfishes. Can you post a picture for us? Thanks!

I hope they are doing well.

Janis :-D
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Hi Janis,

Unfortunately, I have not received the orange crayfish yet. Something went wrong during transit and I am still waiting. :(

Mustafa
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »

Hey Mustafa

I hope that eveyrthing is okay with the crayfish.
edinjapan
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by edinjapan »

Mustafa wrote:Hi Janis,

Unfortunately, I have not received the orange crayfish yet. Something went wrong during transit and I am still waiting. :(

Mustafa
That's bad! Expect them to be in bad shape or DOA.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

edinjapan wrote: That's bad! Expect them to be in bad shape or DOA.
I know, Ed. :( I pretty much think they are dead by now. I'll keep you guys updated if they should arrive alive if they arrive at all.

Mustafa
Janis
Larva
Larva

Post by Janis »

Hi Mustafa,

That's too bad :( I guess it's a long way for them to come and there are a lot of opportunities for things to go wrong.

I still have my fingers crossed for their safe arrival!

Janis
buffguynumberone
Egg
Egg

Orange Mexican Dwarf Crayfish

Post by buffguynumberone »

I am raising/breeding Orange Mexican Dwarf Crayfish now. I have 6 - 4 females, 2 males. Two of the females are carrying eggs! They are not hard to keep at all. I keep my tank at 80 degrees F. with a sponge filter, some dried oak leaves, sand, and a few plants. I feed them white worms, algae tablets, and fresh veggies. If anyone else is raising these little guys let me know!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Alright...I finally got some Mexican Dwarf Crays. :) They are awesome little creatures. :)

I'll be posting pictures, species description and some more information about them in about two weeks once I am back from Germany (leaving this week). I am glad that these nice Crays have finally found their way to the US. I see great pet potential in these guys.

Mustafa
edinjapan
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by edinjapan »

Mustafa wrote:Alright...I finally got some Mexican Dwarf Crays. :) They are awesome little creatures. :)

I'll be posting pictures, species description and some more information about them in about two weeks once I am back from Germany (leaving this week). I am glad that these nice Crays have finally found their way to the US. I see great pet potential in these guys.

Mustafa
Are you going to meet up with Harro while over in Germany? I was told he's scaling back on the hobby by a friend. I sent a nice selection of shrimp over to a few contacts there last month.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Hi Ed,

I am not specifically planning on meeting with Harro. I am not sure, but I believe he is in the southern part of Germany and I will be in the north. I am meeting up with a few people in the invertebrate hobby though and will bring a few species back with me that only exist in Germany so far.

Check your PM for more...

Take care,
Mustafa
Janis
Larva
Larva

Post by Janis »

Hi buffguy,

I am hoping to get some of those guys soon too, but I'm worried that my soft water will not be very good for them. Do you know what your water parameters are (pH, hardness, etc)?

Thanks for the info and good luck raising the babies! :-D

Janis
buffguynumberone
Egg
Egg

Mexican Dwarf Crayfish

Post by buffguynumberone »

Janis,
My water is very soft as well. Straight from the tap it is 7dKH (I think that is the correct scale). Also the PH is 6.8 from the tap. I will test my water tonight & confirm that this is correct. I also have a few red cherry shrimp in the same tank & they seem to get along quite well!