Why are supershrimp commonly put in ecospheres?

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

ThisGuy
Larva
Larva

Why are supershrimp commonly put in ecospheres?

Post by ThisGuy »

Why are supershrimp most commonly put in ecospheres?
shrimpy4
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: Why are supershrimp commonly put in ecospheres?

Post by shrimpy4 »

https://www.petshrimp.com/supershrimp-s ... formation/

Essentially because a species that’s hardy enough to live 20+ years in the wild can survive 2-5 years slowly starving in a ball.
tooth
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by tooth »

$
ThisGuy
Larva
Larva

Post by ThisGuy »

wow ecosphere is greedy!
jcfrank922
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by jcfrank922 »

For a few years now, I have been on a crusade to educate people about ecospheres. There are several websites selling these, including through Amazon. I have been posting my "review" on as many sites that will allow me. Amazon has at least 10 different sellers. Here is my review:
"Do NOT purchase these enclosed ecospheres! These shrimp, with a normal lifespan of around 20 yrs will only live for about 2 years in these enclosed systems! They will slowly starve or suffocate to death! If you want to set up a proper small tank and raise these awesome low maintenance shrimp properly, go to the website petshrimp.com and you will find all the information you need, including purchasing the shrimp and proper care and feeding of these fascinating creatures. With proper care, these "Super Shrimp" AKA Opae Ula Shrimp, will live long, breed and last you a lifetime!"