Mystery Blue Shrimp

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Matalina
Egg
Egg

Mystery Blue Shrimp

Post by Matalina »

Hi guys, first time here. I recently purchased some blue shrimp from a local aquarium store, and they were labelled "Blue Sakura Shrimp 'Caridina sp.' " After doing some research, I can't seem to find this type of shrimp anywhere online, and I'm starting to wonder if it even exists. Everything I've read suggests "Sakuras" are a neocaridina species. I've had both Ghost shrimp and Crystal Reds in the past, and these more resemble the Crystals (smaller size and similar shape), which makes me think they might really be caridina sp. They're dark blue, somewhat translucent, with black eyes. So my question is: has anyone heard of Blue Sakura- Cardinia sp.? I can post a picture if it helps!
Arnold
Larva
Larva

Re: Mystery Blue Shrimp

Post by Arnold »

Yes please any photos will be very helpful, so they could be blue tiger shrimps or another caridina species but I think there are more chances for they to be Blue Velvet or Blue Dream shrimps that are Neocaridina color variants just like your RCS

Blue Velvet

Blue Dream
Matalina
Egg
Egg

Post by Matalina »

Not easy guys to get pictures of!
Attachments
IMG_20181108_002155.jpg
IMG_20181107_235616.jpg
Arnold
Larva
Larva

Post by Arnold »

For me they look like a Neocaridina, some kind of blue strain maybe with some blood of Blue Carbon rilis or something
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Unfortunately, the freshwater shrimp forum has been closed to new posts for a while. This topic doesn't belong here so I am going to close this topic.