My first berried female! STOKED!

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

dglidden
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

My first berried female! STOKED!

Post by dglidden »

It's my first berried female! She's only carrying a few, but I hope she holds on to them! So excited!
Attachments
PXL_20220211_180835484.jpg
SunnyShrimp
Egg
Egg

Re: My first berried female! STOKED!

Post by SunnyShrimp »

Awesome! That is a great photo, BTW. I find it hard to get good closeups.
dglidden
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by dglidden »

Thanks! I got lucky with her having a light behind her, which turned out great. I also was contorted over the counter top with my phone (Pixel 6) trying to keep her in focus and still hit the take photo button!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Awesome! :smt041 :smt023
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

SunnyShrimp wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:47 am Awesome! That is a great photo, BTW. I find it hard to get good closeups.
You just have to shoot a bunch of them and pick the best one. A specific macro lens helps (they even make ones for phones).
dglidden
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by dglidden »

I HAVE BABIES!!!

I spotted two teeny little floaters in the tank today! Definitely little bebbe skrimp, because when one of the adults bumped one, it did the little tail fip thing and scooted backward real fast. I haven't been able to get a good picture, they're hanging out in places in the jar where I can't quite get the phone to get a good shot, but as soon as I do, I will post!

MORE STOKED THAN EVER!!!
Vorteil
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Vorteil »

That's the coolest when your females release and you have floaters. Non stop staring I'm sure.
staring.jpg
Exoticfishkeeper17
Egg
Egg

Post by Exoticfishkeeper17 »

Hey congrats on the success tonight for the very first time one of my females became pregnant after having so many problems so good luck to you
dglidden
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by dglidden »

Thanks! Yea, I have spent way more time lately staring at the jar trying to spot the little things. I did manage to get a couple of photos and a video, but I can't figure out how to link the video, so I'm going to just link to my Google Photos album, and they are near the end of the album currently:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LxDqKr4MjYPLvf4TA

It's also a pretty good record of how the jar has evolved with me putting more lavarock in and the chaeto is turning into a weed!