More floaters!

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

dglidden
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

More floaters!

Post by dglidden »

I kind of hate to keep making new threads just to gush over my jar, but I'm just so pleased with it. On Mustafa's advice, I finally pulled a huge chunk of the macroalgae out of the jar to give other micro-flora and -fauna a shot to get better established. I also dropped in the algae ball I ordered a few days ago. It really stirred up the shrimp to go zoomies around the jar, AND it stirred up the floaters so I could see them where I counted at least six! Not bad for a one gallon jar. I'm so pleased with how well this jar is going!

edit: pics and link to video where you can see at least three floaters, as well as the skrimp with the zoomies around the jar.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vhtPwzNKUPhjWkTQ7
Attachments
PXL_20220514_193226373.jpg
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: More floaters!

Post by Mustafa »

Congrats on the additional larvae, I was actually able to see them in the video! Keep us up to date on their future development!
dglidden
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: More floaters!

Post by dglidden »

Well there were obviously some I had missed, because I have seen half a dozen "brand new" little Opae in just the last couple of days, not from the batch I posted about a couple months ago! Either someone popped babbies while I wasn't paying attention, or I missed quite a few. They're so tiny and obviously just changed from their larval phase into teeny tiny little shrimps whereas the ones I saw in the previous post had already turned into little shrimps. I am pretty stoked, and clearly they are happy in their little jar. I've lost count of how many total are now in my jar.