Red crystal shrimp keep dying ?

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

TLad
Egg
Egg

Red crystal shrimp keep dying ?

Post by TLad »

Hi guys.

So I’ve had Crystal red shrimp for about 2 months now. And I’ve been having issues from the start keeping them alive! I got a bunch of plants that shrimp apparently love. Driftwood And got them an ornament where they can hide and what not. Even went and got an RO system and a bunch of testing kits to make sure the water parameters were the recommended levels. My water temp also is good. Stays room temp at around 22 degree C. I feed them between two different types of food on different days. One would be shrimp cuisine and the other is blanched spinach. I do about a 10-15% water change once or twice a week. And still I’m having issues..
My Ph is around 6. kh 0-1 gh 4-6 .

If anyones experience the same maybe you have some tips for me? I feel like I’ve tried everything. I don’t want to loose the rest of them .
TLad
Egg
Egg

Re: Red crystal shrimp keep dying ?

Post by TLad »

Oh and I forgot to mention that I’ve had no luck with breeding also. I’d say it’s about half female half male population. And I haven’t seen any breeding behaviour. And there a good bunch of adult size ones too.
sliphorn
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: Red crystal shrimp keep dying ?

Post by sliphorn »

This is an Opae Ula brackish water shrimp forum. You should visit a freshwater shrimp forum for advice.