Hikari Shrimp Cuisine

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

excelwithme
Egg
Egg

Hikari Shrimp Cuisine

Post by excelwithme »

Has anyone tried feeding your Opae Ula the Hikari Shrimp Cuisine?

I have been feeding my shrimp Spirulina about once a week. In one 10 gallon tank, the shrimps are growing and that tank has 150+ shrimp. In the other 10 gallon tank, they are not growing but also not dying. The second tank has at least 100+ shrimp if not more.

In the tank that is growing, I started with 25 shrimp that breeded and increased to 150+. The other tank was my original tank and it has about 100-125 but many are really small.

I wanted to either increase the feeding (2x per week or more) or vary the feed type to get them to grow faster and also breed more.
Vorteil
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: Hikari Shrimp Cuisine

Post by Vorteil »

Feeding something different or increasing the food won't make a difference. They won't breed any faster & will just go at their own pace. Hikari Shrimp Cuisine is high in animal protein. I wouldn't recommend it especially in a filter less tank.
excelwithme
Egg
Egg

Re: Hikari Shrimp Cuisine

Post by excelwithme »

I do have a filtered tank. Just wondering if anyone has used the food before with brackish water shrimps.