It's been a while ...

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Harry
Shrimp
Shrimp

It's been a while ...

Post by Harry »

I haven't posted here in about ten years. So I wanted to stop by and say hello. My tank is now 10 years old and flourishing. This week I have seen one berried female and several new fry. I will post some photos soon. And I want to pass on the secret to my success: Do nothing! Don't overfeed, don't change water too often, etc. Seems these little guys do well on their own, with Malaysian trumpet snails to keep them company.
SuperProofer
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: It's been a while ...

Post by SuperProofer »

:smt006
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Hi there! Welcome back! Looking forward to your pictures soon! :)
Harry
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Harry »

I will work on taking some good photos. In the interim, I see many larvae floating around as well as many small fry (if fry is the right word). It seems that the tank (large 2.7 gallon jar) is really taking off. I will occasionally see a berried female, but not too often. I have built the shrimp some nice hiding places out of lava rock. So the berried shrimp seem to stay hidden for the most part. And while I see quite a few adult shrimp swimming around, it is hard to take a count as I believe many of them are hiding in the rocks at any given time.