First Tank Setup!

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Snowo
Egg
Egg

First Tank Setup!

Post by Snowo »

TLDR because I just typed out way more than necessary - I got an ecosphere as a gift in December and immediately started doing research when, like many others here, I learn that the ecosphere isn’t great for the quality of life of the shrimp (which isn’t exactly surprising). I decided I’d make a permanent home for my new guys and came across this website. Unfortunately, we had an uncharacteristically hot and sunny day in my city and I left the ecosphere in the window while I went to work overnight. When I got home the sphere was warm to the touch and the shrimp had become lethargic. Over the course of the day all 4 of the shrimp died. I had hoped to keep them for a long time as it was a meaningful gift to me and so this was almost a little traumatic. Anyways, I fell in love with the shrimp during my short time with them and through my extensive research (browsing this form and watching youtube videos) and decided I’d still make a better tank and populate it with a new group of shrimp. I just got it set up on Saturday and this is how it’s looking so far!
image.jpg
image.jpg
Waiting for the tank to cycle is gonna be so hard. Any suggestions about the tank or tips are greatly appreciated!
Rudiarose
Egg
Egg

Re: First Tank Setup!

Post by Rudiarose »

Looks, good a temp stick on strip might be a good idea. Also, a small bubbler to turn on once a day for a hour will keep the water from getting as cloudy. Do not leave bubbles on they do not like it.