Can I use Dennerle Shrimp King Shrimp Salt?

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

ipvpcrops
Egg
Egg

Can I use Dennerle Shrimp King Shrimp Salt?

Post by ipvpcrops »

Hello :D My first post! I have a question and I searched the forums and did not see any similar questions. I have shrimp salt by Dennerle that I use for my blue dream Neocaridina's. Its advertised as a multimineral salt for shrimp so I was wondering if I can add this to my cycled tank before the arrival my supershrimp order :o If anyone can let me know if this is an approved additive let me know. It helps my other shrimp very much so I figured I double check here with the experts! :D
Rudiarose
Egg
Egg

Re: Can I use Dennerle Shrimp King Shrimp Salt?

Post by Rudiarose »

I order salt that is pre measured from this site and that why I know it is the right salt and amount. I have not heard of that salt.
ipvpcrops
Egg
Egg

Re: Can I use Dennerle Shrimp King Shrimp Salt?

Post by ipvpcrops »

Rudiarose wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:34 am I order salt that is pre measured from this site and that why I know it is the right salt and amount. I have not heard of that salt.
As far as I know Mineral Salt and Marine Salt are two different things? Am I wrong? I am using this salt as a mineral supplement for a tank, not to mix with the water to increase its salinity. Mineral salts are used to help shrimp molt easier, to maintain prettier colors, to help with growth of beneficial bacteria, to provide calcium, potassium, etc to a tank that has shrimp in them.