Red Cherries Arrived!!!

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

JoshGuppy
Larva
Larva

Red Cherries Arrived!!!

Post by JoshGuppy »

Thanks Mustafa!!!
WOW they are a whole lot smaller then i thought, but i know they are juviniles.
The packaging was perfect, the java moss that i ordered (2 cups) was WAY more then i thought it would be lol, so I may be selling moss soon.

Putting the shrimp into the small tank I have set up for them was a PAIN IN THE NECK! I was first going to net them in, but knowing that mustafa has a parasite free tank, i figured it wouldnt hurt to just dump them in. When I did that, the bags collapsed and there was still shrimp stuck inside between the plastic, along with the sprigs of java moss, so i freaked out and just stuck the whole bag in there and let them swim out. They seem fine.

As soon as they hit the bottom they went crazy on the poop that settled down (i added it from the other tank to ensure quick bio-filter cycling), right now theyre just eating and eating and eating! I put an algae wafer in there also, a few have found it. They are too small for my camera to focus in on, so I will take pics whenever they grow larger.
Any advice?
Josh
jonathan03
Larva
Larva

Post by jonathan03 »

You should keep a lot of that java moss. The new born shrimp really like to hide in it.

Set your temperature to 75 or so
Keep the nitrates below 10-15
Add dechlorinator when you change the water
Break up an algae wafer and add a few pecies each day
Make sure your filter is covered so the new born shrimp don't get sucked in

.... Then there will be more before you know it.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Your shrimp should be about breeding size by now or at least almost breeding size. Wanna try taking some pics?
JoshGuppy
Larva
Larva

Post by JoshGuppy »

I'll get on that right now, post pics in a bit.