Is this book good?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

milalic
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Is this book good?

Post by milalic »

Hi there. I am not sure this is the correct forum. but i wanted to see if anyone knows if this book is any good:

Shrimps, crayfish and crabs in the freshwater aquarium 2nd edition by Uwe Werner.

Thanks,

Pedro
zwergkrebszuechter
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by zwergkrebszuechter »

Currently there are no books I know of that give any "newer" oder better information than found in the known forums.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

I would also have to agree with zwergkrebszuechter. Although the book may have information by knowledgable professional(s), there is no substitution for the instant sharing of information on the forums. Although the pictures might be worth a look at :wink:
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Here is the thread in which the same question was answered almost two years ago.

viewtopic.php?t=376

My comments on the issue are still as valid today as they are now. The book is hopelessly obsolete. There are simply no "secret" books out there that are going to bring sudden enlightenment to the reader. In fact, this is the *only* book so far in English or German.

This is where the "magic" is....right here. :-D
Terran
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Terran »

Mustafa wrote: This is where the "magic" is....right here. :-D
True but a printout of the current forum topics doesnt look quite as nice on a coffee table....

:-)
YuccaPatrol
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by YuccaPatrol »

Ok, Mustafa. . . you'd better start writing that book now! :-D
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

How about the magazine article he had in TFH during the summer :wink:
AnneRiceBowl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by AnneRiceBowl »

I have that one! LOL It's in my stack of aquarium magazines. I personally think it was more of a teaser article and much more could have been written, but all those other pesky articles had to get in the way. I think Mustafa has more than enough information to start a book.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

When Mustafa does publish a book I hope it will be full of PICTURES :-D !
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Not worry...a book will come out eventually...PACKED with information of course. I'm just waiting for the right timing...as with everything. Although there will be lots of pictures, the main focus of the book will be the juicy info and not the pictures. Some other aquarium books are different in that regard, where you see tons of pictures and very cryptic information. It might take a few years though until it's all said and done...so you will just *have* to settle for the website until then. :wink:

As for the TFH article...it was meant to be introduction for people who have never kept shrimp and probably didn't ever hear about shrimp being kept as aquarium "pets." I'll follow up with more advanced articles more frequently in TFH and maybe other magazines when the time is ripe.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

It might take a few years though until it's all said and done...so you will just *have* to settle for the website until then.

I'll follow up with more advanced articles more frequently in TFH and maybe other magazines when the time is ripe.
Please be sure to announce it on this site so we can be the first ones to get them, thanks!
The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by The Fisherman »

I really enjoyed the TFH article. I'd always loved shrimp, but I found it hard to find good info for them online. That article is how I found this place. I'm very glad I found it :-)

One thing that really set that article apart, was the amazing pictures!

I look forward to future TFH articles as well, and I will be very excited when the book comes out!

-John
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

One thing that really set that article apart, was the amazing pictures!
Agreed :D !
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Neonshrimp wrote:
Please be sure to announce it on this site so we can be the first ones to get them, thanks!
Of course...you guys will be the first ones to know. :)
Annako
Larva
Larva

Post by Annako »

I'd buy Mustafas book, because I know the information will be pretty much accurate. I have seen all sorts of crazy "lies" about shrimp lives and names on the internet. I am voting for many, many pictures. I hope it has lots of great pictures!