zebra or tiger shrimp?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

adimeatatime
Shrimp
Shrimp

zebra or tiger shrimp?

Post by adimeatatime »

Hi all,

I purchased some of these shrimp that were labeled Zebra. After searching everywhere I can think of I'm still not sure which they are. I would really appreciate your thoughts on which one it is.

This shrimp was in the same bunch, but doesn't have the same markings. Can anyone tell what itis? I had the container in the tank for some other fish and found the pregnant females in there one morning. They can leave if they choose.

Edited to change the pictures and description of 2nd picture.
Last edited by adimeatatime on Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
TKD
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by TKD »

http://www.petshrimp.com/tigershrimp.html
http://www.petshrimp.com/chinesezebrashrimp.html

The first pic looks like a tiger. Not sure about the others.
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

for me first shrimp is a tiger.
in the second pics the top left one look it also , but cannot see the 2 other clearly.
adimeatatime
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by adimeatatime »

Hi TKD, Thanks for the links. From looking at the pictures on here that is what I thought as well, but then I learned about and saw pictures of the Indian Zebra, I wasn't sure. In one of the pictures I have been able to find of the Indian Zebra's, they seem to have similar stripes and some orange on the tail as well. I don't know if it is ok for me to copy the picture to an album and then post here or not because it is on a commercial site.

Hi zapisto, Thanks for the input. Maybe they are all Tiger shrimp. Some just don't have the bright stripes. I will try to get a better picture. I spent several hours trying to get the ones I posted. The little buggers are quick. :D

The tank my shrimp are in has more acidic water, so hopefully, they will be happy in there. Thanks for replying, Pat