BABIES

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Mandapandad
Egg
Egg

BABIES

Post by Mandapandad »

In just 4 months I have a pregnant mama!!! :smt007 I'm so excited!! Anyone have any pointers. Is there anything special I should do?

Oh and SN: I also got the green stuff growing in my small tank. Pretty sure it's from the marimo though.
Attachments
image.jpeg
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: BABIES

Post by jonesinfershrimp »

congratulations! i would read a couple others' threads for more information on the babies. i'd suggest tooth's and varanus' (its where i've gotten my courage and information.) the green stuff is good, means food!
Varanus
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Post by Varanus »

If you got berried females then you're doing things right so unless a problem occurs don't change anything. Don't be surprised though if you don't see the berried females much as they tend to hide more than the other shrimp.

Also don't be surprised if she ends up losing some, most or even all the eggs. That happens fairly often with first time parents in new tanks it seems (albeit my first timers only lost a few eggs if I recall right, so it doesn't always happen).
Mandapandad
Egg
Egg

Post by Mandapandad »

Awesome thanks so much!! I'm kind of sad that I'm headed out of town for two weeks. I'm afraid I'll miss all the action.
NancyM
Larva
Larva

Post by NancyM »

Anticipation is half the fun :smt045 She looks like she's going to have a dozen! Congrats
JennyPenny
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by JennyPenny »

I've had shrimp in my tank about 4 months as well, and had my first berried mama earlier this month. Unfortunately she dropped her entire clutch! I'm hoping she will berry again soon.
My advice is to just leave everything alone! If your shrimp are breeding they are happy. Good job!