Success and thank you!

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Kestryl
Egg
Egg

Success and thank you!

Post by Kestryl »

I have been a lurker here for some time and it is through this site that I learned that the shrimp I saw and loved from the visitor center at volcano National park were available in the pet trade. Following the directions from this site I am now a very happy owner of a 4 gal biorb with 15 shrimp. The shrimp came today and after a temperature acclimation were put in their new home. They are now sifting through the sand and cleaning the tank glass. They have brought me much joy. I just wanted to state how thankful I am to have this opportunity and access to great information and shrimp. Thank you Mustafa. On quick question how long can the yarn stay in my tank before I should remove it? The shrimp seem to like to hang out on it. (I do have a large pile of lava rocks as well as macro algae to hang out on but they seem to like the yarn.
Best wishes
Kim
SuperProofer
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: Success and thank you!

Post by SuperProofer »

Congrats!

The string can be removed right away. It's just to give them something to hang onto during the shipping process.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Success and thank you!

Post by Mustafa »

No problem at all! :) I'm glad you are enjoying your new tank. Hopefully, you can share some pictures/videos and stories about your tank here in the future. As SuperProofer said, you can take out the string immediately.