explanation of CRS Class

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

explanation of CRS Class

Post by zapisto »

Well i am really confused now ....

i read post on the forum about this classification and was think , well i understand, now i just finish some other reading and i am really confused now.

Can someone explain clairy the key factor for the A,b,C,...S,SS Class of Crystal Red Shrimp

thanks a lots
tapmxt1
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by tapmxt1 »

Try the following:

http://www.mff.jp/gured.htm

MFF is one of the well known BEE shrimp supplier. Their grading is also usually one grade higher than many other's (i.e. their "A" may be many others' "S").

Just in case you also need this: Japanese has developed a formula on how many days for CRS eggs to hatch:

DAYs = 63 - 1.6D

(D is temporature in C)
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

Thanks Tapmxt1

For the Web-site. It answered alot of my questions also.

It so would be nice to be able to read the rest of the descriptions.

Have a great day
John
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Munichika fish farm has some amazingly colored crystal red (or as they call it "red bees"). Some of of those sell for ever $1000.00 *each* in Japan. Imagine you buy one....and it dies the next day.

In any case, before we lust over different "grades" of CRS, we need first and foremost establish even the most basic crystal reds in north america. If one does not know how to keep and breed the normal crystal reds and bee shrimp, then one will not know how to keep those super-expensive varieties alive. So, let's all take one step at a time. :)
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

Mustafa wrote:Munichika fish farm has some amazingly colored crystal red (or as they call it "red bees"). Some of of those sell for ever $1000.00 *each* in Japan. Imagine you buy one....and it dies the next day.

In any case, before we lust over different "grades" of CRS, we need first and foremost establish even the most basic crystal reds in north america. If one does not know how to keep and breed the normal crystal reds and bee shrimp, then one will not know how to keep those super-expensive varieties alive. So, let's all take one step at a time. :)
Mustafa
with all my respect i think get inform and get more knowledd gment is the base of everything.
so want to understand *DO NOT MEAN* jump step to fast.
for me , and at my litle opinion, it mean dont get fucked by bad person, and be prepare to try reproduce and propagate this species , a, B, S or SS class what ever.

the price of this shrimp is way too high in my opinion , and they are high because they are too mythic and too rare.

i am completly agree with you we have to go step by step to be able to propagate shrimp interest in the hobby.
if i ask the question is not to buy one of this shrimp , but just try understand why they are so mythic :)

anyway if i can put my hand on the lower class i will be so happy , and really ready to keep them because i will be inform before. :)
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

Mustafa

Thank you for keeping our feet planted on the ground , instead of our heads in the clouds.

But it is sure nice to dream.

If we do not keep and maintain the Wild strain's they may soon be gone form the wild and that would be a shame.

Have a Great Day
John
milalic
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by milalic »

tapmxt1 wrote:Try the following:

http://www.mff.jp/gured.htm

MFF is one of the well known BEE shrimp supplier. Their grading is also usually one grade higher than many other's (i.e. their "A" may be many others' "S").

Just in case you also need this: Japanese has developed a formula on how many days for CRS eggs to hatch:

DAYs = 63 - 1.6D

(D is temporature in C)
Does this formula appears inthe page mentioned above?

Thanks
tapmxt1
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by tapmxt1 »

Here are links (with translation from Japanese to English):

Information:

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/w ... N&wb_dis=2

Calculator:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/w ... N&wb_dis=2