It's snowed in my baby red claw tank

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

It's snowed in my baby red claw tank

Post by pixl8r »

I was doing some tank maintenance to my nursery tank, rotating sponges, water testing & such, getting ready to do a partial water change, when I noticed what looked like snow in the tank.

It turned out to be hundreds of tiny bits of shrimp carapaces. It's amazing that these tiny creatures could create such a mess. I've estimated that there are around 30 red claw juveniles (two females hatched at the same time).
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Congrats! :) It's always good to hear that someon is actually breeding macros out there. Macros have been very underappreciated up to this point in time. But their time will come. :)
The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by The Fisherman »

Wow! Congrats! This is the same species I had wanted to breed, but I just don't have the space.

Any pictures?
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by pixl8r »

Unfortunately I don't have a macro lense, to take good photos of my macro shrimp ;). So the closeup photos aren't that good.

Here's papa;

Here are a few of the young;

I really should take some during feeding time, that's when they get crazy!
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by pixl8r »

Instead of posting a bunch of pictures to this thread, I've created a picture album. You can see them here:
http://www.petshrimp.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=47