Female RCS carrying fungused eggs

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Kunsthure
Egg
Egg

Female RCS carrying fungused eggs

Post by Kunsthure »

I did a search here and the only thread that might have helped no longer has the pics so I can't know for sure. My biggest, reddest RCS, "Big Mama," had berried up with gorgeous bright yellow eggs so I was happy. Then about a week later, I noticed she didn't have the eggs anymore, so I looked at her more closely. She is carrying fungused eggs! I assume they fungused because she wasn't aerating them, but why wouldn't she? She's acting normally, eating, swimming, picking, etc, and no one else is affected. Params are as they always are, weekly water changes, other females are currently berried without a problem, so what's going on?

-Lisa
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Female RCS carrying fungused eggs

Post by Mustafa »

Good question..I have only noticed fungus-like growth on shrimp when there were too many nutrients present in the water column. I noticed in one of your other posts that you are feed copious amounts of food to get your shrimp to reproduce. Shrimp need enough food to reproduce, but too much food causes problems sooner or later by releasing nutrients into the water.