My New Tank Upgrade! 0.5g to 3g tank

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

grrayc
Egg
Egg

My New Tank Upgrade! 0.5g to 3g tank

Post by grrayc »

Here is my new upgrade! There are about 25 in there (I always forget to count as I'm transferring). A lot are hiding, but as you can see, theres a good group exploring their new home!

The left side is a tonnn of small/medium lava rocks built up, with one large lava rock cave (the hole is blocked temporarily so I could see them before they hid). The right side is a dish filled with crushed coral, then the large corals placed on top, for both decoration and calcium carbonate. Two sea fans, one old one new. Waiting on a glass top to come. Also a lot of macroalgae from various sellers, mostly Mustafa.

Not too much algae growth yet, but lots of biofilm from the previous tank, and one lovely user sent me his super duper mature water, and thick algae covered rocks (two). I am pretty happy with it! Constructive criticism welcome (or just, ya know, praise ;p )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y3xwnkFVDg
IMG_2577.jpg
Vorteil
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: My New Tank Upgrade! 0.5g to 3g tank

Post by Vorteil »

Looks great. Nice to see another fellow hobbyist that's into keep Opae Ula. Keep us updated on your tank. This is a great source of info here.
redhotshrimp
Egg
Egg

Post by redhotshrimp »

Nice looking tank! The shrimp look really active. I like how there are two distinct "environments" in the tank.
Flanker27S
Egg
Egg

Post by Flanker27S »

Thanks for the video, they really do look lively and lovely, how do they like that sort of pebble bedding for the tank? I've done the bedding in mine with much smaller pebbles as I was afraid they could hurt themselves with something bigger, but that may just be newbie's worries.
Kval1015
Larva
Larva

Post by Kval1015 »

This looks awesome! I have a 1/2 gallon tank myself right now and am considering upgrading.
Where did you purchase your lava rocks from?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Any updates?