sexing and lifespan

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

fishgeek
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

sexing and lifespan

Post by fishgeek »

few question and open to any advice

i have been having fun increasing my numbers of cherry shrimp and have now managed to get some acid liking shrimp

i have tiger crystal reds and bee shrimp, unfortunatey i was duped by a picture of what i think mustafa has previously called a ninja as the bee(dissappointed and a little wiser)
see the bee shrimp picture by chris lukhaup on az garden and also a german site interaquaristik , where i purchased my shrimp from

i should have searched first hey

really was hoping for some advice on sexing them, as i obviosuly would like to breed
are they sexual difference the same across all shrimp ie body shape , carpace depth etc

and anyone with tips o breeding the little fellows

thanks for any info
oh and also if anyone has any idea where i might get shrimp like in the picture

[/img]
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: sexing and lifespan

Post by Mustafa »

fishgeek wrote: oh and also if anyone has any idea where i might get shrimp like in the picture
Did you bother reading the rules section that I set up quite a while ago? Please do. You just violated both the rule No. 1 and rule No. 5.
fishgeek
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by fishgeek »

i dont think i am trying to trade mustafa
just enquiring where one might see the totally black and white (ninja? shrimp)
you write here that it is not readily avilable outside of asia yet the photo's i am seeing are taken by a german i believe

and i apologise if my writing style is inapprpriate, i have enough trouble typing as it is

andrew

anyone with help in the other parts of the enquiry
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

fishgeek wrote:i dont think i am trying to trade mustafa
just enquiring where one might see the totally black and white (ninja? shrimp)
Trading or not, I have pointed out several times that enquiring about shrimp for purchase is not allowed. I even set up a rules page for that. You said:
oh and also if anyone has any idea where i might get shrimp like in the picture
Get clearly expresses: "i want to buy or trade" or were you expecting to "get" something for nothing? I have stated many times that I don't want this to become a marketplace, so please accept that.

and i apologise if my writing style is inapprpriate, i have enough trouble typing as it is
How much harder is it to push *two* additional buttons within every sentence? The shift button for capitalization at the beginning and the "period" (full stop) button at the end of the sentence. Is that really too much to demand for better readability? I am sure that are more people here that have trouble typing, as they did not grow up typing on computers, than there are that don't. But they still manage to push the two additional buttons.

In any case, this is a warning and I do not want any further discussions about why you think you are not breaking any rules. You are breaking the rules. End of discussion.

As to the shrimp you are talking about, you did not provide a picture, yet you are talking about some picture that you looked at. I am taking a "wild guess" that you are talking about the Ninja shrimp that was sold to you as some type of "bee" shrimp. Well, some exporter from Indonesia has been exporting them to Europe and the US under the name "black" or "blue" or even "red" *bumblebee* shrimp. He has no idea what he is selling, so he is creating confusion by calling yet another shrimp "bumblebee." I hope this clarifies part of your question. As for sexual differences, the different body shapes between males and females that you observe in red cherry shrimp apply to all other caridina and Neocaridina species, too.
fishgeek
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by fishgeek »

thank you for being so helpful in this query
in your attempt to educate people, and i do believe you are domig a good job at that , a more friendly manner may aid the dispersal of your knowledge more widely

i'll take your warning and walk
andrew
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Andrew, trust me that I do not say anything here in a hostile manner, including the warnings. I have to do my job, which includes reminding people that there are certain rules here that need to be adhered to. None of these reminders are personal attacks. I have no ill feelings towards the person I am warning. They are really friendly reminders. However, the content of the warning can and will offend some people out there, but that's the nature of the beast as it's impossible to please everyone at the same time. People have the option of staying and adhering to the rules, or going. It's all up to the individual. There are many other forums now, that can accommodate the needs of certain individuals better.

Having said that, why there is a refusal on your side to follow the rules I mentioned above is beyond me. This really leaves me no other option but to follow through with the consequences of the warning.

This thread is closed.