Tropical Fish Hobbyist shrimp article by Mustafa

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

JBN
Egg
Egg

Tropical Fish Hobbyist shrimp article by Mustafa

Post by JBN »

I just want to say the article you wrote for TFH for the August 2006 edition is awesome! It's short, simple, and along with those colorful pictures, we should be expecting some new members pretty soon :D
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Great I have been waiting for an article on shrimp for a while. I will be sure to pick up an issue of TFH both for the article and the pictures :shock: ! Thanks for the heads up :!: .
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Tropical Fish Hobbyist shrimp article by Mustafa

Post by Mustafa »

JBN wrote:I just want to say the article you wrote for TFH for the August 2006 edition is awesome! It's short, simple, and along with those colorful pictures, we should be expecting some new members pretty soon :D
I'm glad you liked it. :) It is an introductory article for people who have no idea about shrimp and the shrimp hobby. This should tickle other aquarists' interests. There will be more articles in TFH in the future (including more advanced topics over time) and finally a shrimp keeping book at some point.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Please let us know when each article is to come out because I would like to get each one for the article as well as the pictures.

milalic
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by milalic »

I have not seen the new one in stores yet.
Where did you got it?

Thanks
JBN
Egg
Egg

Post by JBN »

Monthly subscription through the mail. It was one of those sale so I subscribed $16 bucks for 12 months :)
carbon etc
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by carbon etc »

Mustafa, is there any chance the magazine would give you a PDF of the article that you could make accessible here? Maybe after the magazine is considered part of their archives? When my web design clients have articles written about them, the magazine will often give them the PDFs without any hassle, but the TFH website looks like it might be a little strict about the availability of their content.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

I was looking for the August issue of TFH at Petsmart yesterday and found only June issues :( . I guess I will try to look at an up to date book store :-D .
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

carbon etc wrote:Mustafa, is there any chance the magazine would give you a PDF of the article that you could make accessible here?
We'll see. I don't see why not. I'll contact TFH and see if they can send me a pdf file.
Kenshin
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Kenshin »

Check out Barnes and Noble, and they have it. I just picked up one yesterday from there and I am very impressed with the article Mustafa wrote. I hope this would really encourage other people like us to fall for the "shrimp bug" because those natural habitats of theirs are being destroyed like there is no tomorrow. Mustafa, if you ever write a book on it, please let us know because I will be one of the people to buy that book right away. Anyway, keep up the good work and thank you for all you have done here and elsewhere. :-D
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Thanks Kenshin, I be sure to visit the book store and pick one up :D .
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Kenshin wrote:Mustafa, if you ever write a book on it, please let us know because I will be one of the people to buy that book right away. Anyway, keep up the good work and thank you for all you have done here and elsewhere. :-D
I'll definitely let everyone know once the book is finished. :) And thank YOU, Kenshin, for contributing to this forum and website. Thank ALL of you! :)
carbon etc
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by carbon etc »

I've always wanted to do a book cover (I don't do it as much anymore but I have a graphic design background). I'd probably do it for free just for the experience of it. Something to bring up with the publisher. :)