Caridina gracilirostris ?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Mordaki
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Caridina gracilirostris ?

Post by Mordaki »

i noticed this when searching for some pics for red nose shrimp and found the pic Image
is it Caridina gracilirostris ? or some sub spicies i would like to know as the site it is on is in a launguage i cant speak if anyone knows what it is or how its blue as on the verieties page it says they are glass and if it was coloured it would state opaque or something else, or is it like the blue shrimp and the offspring wont keep the blue body and is only blue because of food or whatever i have the link to the website so if anyone can speak german or something like that i can pm it to you as i dont want to get wrong for posting (and i dont know what its sayingand dont want to get wrong for advertising)
theshrimp_123
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by theshrimp_123 »

No it is a red nose shrimp. It is probably just the background that makes bluish.
Mordaki
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Mordaki »

k do you think it may be a "blacklight" that is making it do that? seing as they make things glow blueish colour
theshrimp_123
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by theshrimp_123 »

Maybe. Really no way to know. Translate the page and you might get your answer. Just go to an online translation site and copy and paste it.
Jackie
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Jackie »

Either I'm very wrong or it is a picture from Uwe Werners book "Garnelen, Krebse und Krabben im Süßwasseraquarium". It is indeed a Caridina gracilirostris (or Red Nose, as some like to call it).
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

That is truly a neon shrimp :D