Material for caves
Moderator: Mustafa
-
milalic
- Shrimpoholic

- Posts: 264
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:51 am
Material for caves
Is PVC safe for doing caves for crays?
Thanks
Thanks
-
badflash
- Master Shrimp Nut

- Posts: 2542
- Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:06 pm
- Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
-
FISH WORLD ERIE
- Shrimp

- Posts: 164
- Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:49 pm
- Location: ERIE, PA
Yes. I always buy it new to make sure it is safe. Be careful with used pvc unless you know where it came from. When I was breeding some larger crays I would have a crap load of cut up pvc in the tanks. It works perfect. Each cray will pick out a section. Good luck with whatever your working with.
Jason
Jason
-
Vera
- Tiny Shrimp

- Posts: 74
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:50 pm
- Location: Wild Wonderful West Virginia
For my smaller crayfish I use the half inch pvc couplings. You can get them in bags of 10 or 12 for about $2 if I remember correctly. They have about a half inch inside diameter and are about 2 inches long. Since I really don't care a lot for saws and my hubby never cuts the right lengths for me, I think they're perfect.
I also use various diameter pvc for my different sized crayfish and feel they are probably the best and least expensive hides to use. You can place them so you can look through to see what's happening in them until your crayfish decide to move them to where they want them!
I also use various diameter pvc for my different sized crayfish and feel they are probably the best and least expensive hides to use. You can place them so you can look through to see what's happening in them until your crayfish decide to move them to where they want them!
-
YuccaPatrol
- Shrimp Master

- Posts: 600
- Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:41 pm
- Location: Burning-Ham, Alabama
-
FISH WORLD ERIE
- Shrimp

- Posts: 164
- Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:49 pm
- Location: ERIE, PA
If you buy pipe in diameters of 1 1/4 or smaller. They sell it in 10 foot sections. They also have a tool that I bought that can cut through it with ease. It is a pvc pipe cutter and should cost between 10 and 15 dollars. This can be bought at lowes or home depot. Saves alot of time in labor and having to use a saw to cut it. It cuts clean and leaves no rough edges to sand.
Good Luck
Good Luck
-
milalic
- Shrimpoholic

- Posts: 264
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:51 am
-
Vera
- Tiny Shrimp

- Posts: 74
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:50 pm
- Location: Wild Wonderful West Virginia
-
badflash
- Master Shrimp Nut

- Posts: 2542
- Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:06 pm
- Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
-
Vera
- Tiny Shrimp

- Posts: 74
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:50 pm
- Location: Wild Wonderful West Virginia
-
Neonshrimp
- Master Shrimp Nut

- Posts: 2296
- Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 5:37 pm
- Location: California, USA
-
milalic
- Shrimpoholic

- Posts: 264
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:51 am
-
FISH WORLD ERIE
- Shrimp

- Posts: 164
- Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:49 pm
- Location: ERIE, PA
-
Newjohn
- Shrimp Nut

- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:32 am
- Location: Michigan G.R.
-
badflash
- Master Shrimp Nut

- Posts: 2542
- Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:06 pm
- Location: Wappingers Falls, NY

