Cherry shrimp diet

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Belacan
Egg
Egg

Cherry shrimp diet

Post by Belacan »

Hi I am new here. Just got my first 10 cherry shrimp yesterday. They are doing good so far feeding on the algae etc. I was just wondering what you all feed your shrimp besides raw veggies. I have Wardley Algae Discs. Reading that they are sensitive to copper, I saw copper as one of the ingredients in the algae disc made by wardley, but its not on the top of the list of ingredients. Do most algae disc/wafers have copper as an ingredient? Just small amounts?
RCSGuy
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Cherry shrimp diet

Post by RCSGuy »

Belacan wrote:Hi I am new here. Just got my first 10 cherry shrimp yesterday. They are doing good so far feeding on the algae etc. I was just wondering what you all feed your shrimp besides raw veggies. I have Wardley Algae Discs. Reading that they are sensitive to copper, I saw copper as one of the ingredients in the algae disc made by wardley, but its not on the top of the list of ingredients. Do most algae disc/wafers have copper as an ingredient? Just small amounts?
Shrimp are highly sensitive to copper and yes the Wardley Algae Discs contain Copper Sulfate as one of the ingredients, no matter whether it is at the top or bottom of the list, I would NOT feed my shrimp those discs (I bought some too before I new about the copper and am keeping it for when I get a pleco). Although the Hikari Sinking Algae Discs may be more expensive, they are the safest to use ;)
Other alternatives include:
Flake Food, homemade foods, blanched spinach or boiled zucchini and many other safe foods :)
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Belacan, welcome to the forum.
Do yourself and all of us a favor, and re-read the rules, then do what they say and ready the articles and shrimp variety page for the shrimp you have. From what you are telling us right now, you won't have the shrimp very long.

Even worse, you'll get yourself banned and we won't be able to help you once your shrimp start getting sick.

Once you read and understand the material, you'll figure out why I'm saying this. Then come back and do a little searching and if the questions aren't answered, feel free to ask questions.

This isn't a "feel good" forum like many. Mustafa holds us to task, and eventually we thank him for it. Hang in there.