Hello!

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

gabeszone
Egg
Egg

Hello!

Post by gabeszone »

Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself, and a few of you already know me. My name is Gabe. I live in Japan, and I like breeding CRS. I hope to make some new friends here and learn more about shrimp, and also share any information about shrimp from Japan. I would like to share some pictures. Image
This is my 90cmx45x45 ADA tank for my Hinomaru and V-bands
gabeszone
Egg
Egg

Post by gabeszone »

Image Image
gabeszone
Egg
Egg

Post by gabeszone »

Image Image
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Hi Gabe and welcome to the site :) .

I know you from other sites so this is not an introduction. Since you have already read the RULES section then you know that this forum is much more of an information sharing site than the others :wink: That being said, I think you will be a asset to the forum with all the knowledge and experience you seem to have, and the direct Japanese connection :-D

Again welcome.
gabeszone
Egg
Egg

Post by gabeszone »

Heres my 15 gal tank that I keep my low grades in.
And here is my ADA 45x45x45cm holding tank.
gabeszone
Egg
Egg

Post by gabeszone »

Here for the information only. I read the rules. Im trying to learn more about shrimp. This seems to be the right place. :D
Kenshin
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Kenshin »

Welcome Gabe. I know we know each other as well in other forums so like Neonshrimp, no introduction necessary.

Anyway, I have a question for you though. Do you see any difference of higher grade CRS living in a tank with CO2 injection (pressurized) between a tank without CO2 injection (pressurized)? Do they even like injected CO2 (pressurized)? The reason why I ask is my does not seem to like it so I stop using it for my main display tank. However, I see you have CO2 injection set-up in your 90cmx25x25 ADA tank in which it housed the Hinomaru and the V-bands.

I have also heard from another fellow hobbyists (Piscesgirl) that she had experienced the same thing for her low grade CRS. Anyway your thoughts on this or anyone with any input on this subject with be greatly appreciated.
YuccaPatrol
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by YuccaPatrol »

Beautiful shrimp, Gabe.

It will be great to have someone like yourself from Japan to share your experiences with these shrimp.

Welcome (although I am already quite familiar with you from other sites too)

Andrew
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

Gabe
Hello and Wecome to the Forum.

It is always nice to have another Forum Member to exchange information with.

John
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Yes, inquiring minds want to know! How do you raise such nice shrimp!
milalic
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by milalic »

Kenshin wrote:Welcome Gabe. I know we know each other as well in other forums so like Neonshrimp, no introduction necessary.

Anyway, I have a question for you though. Do you see any difference of higher grade CRS living in a tank with CO2 injection (pressurized) between a tank without CO2 injection (pressurized)? Do they even like injected CO2 (pressurized)? The reason why I ask is my does not seem to like it so I stop using it for my main display tank. However, I see you have CO2 injection set-up in your 90cmx25x25 ADA tank in which it housed the Hinomaru and the V-bands.

I have also heard from another fellow hobbyists (Piscesgirl) that she had experienced the same thing for her low grade CRS. Anyway your thoughts on this or anyone with any input on this subject with be greatly appreciated.
He is probably pumping a small amount of CO2 in the tank.
I used to have CO2 in my tanks, I no longer do because I just have moss in them and too many tanks.
-Pedro
gabeszone
Egg
Egg

Post by gabeszone »

I use 2 bpm, but may stop using Co2 all together. Reason is that using an air filter the O2 bubbles causes the CO2 to escape from the water being disturbed at the top. Plant wise I really dont need Co2, I just have the co2 left over from my old set up. Heres a pic, and the reason why I used Co2.Image
RCSGuy
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by RCSGuy »

Very nice pictures and shrimp as always Gabe :) Welcome to the site. Of course I too know you from other forums. 8)