Red ONLY!!!(updated)

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

aquafever wrote:The price is down now...
what do you mean ... in hong kong ?
because here , before checking price , you have to found them :) :)
but i am agree with Neonshrimp
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Down to what, $50 a shrimp? Wake me up when they get down to $5 zzzzzz.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

badflash wrote:Down to what, $50 a shrimp? Wake me up when they get down to $5 zzzzzz.
I wish it was this low also, since it would make these great shrimp available to more of the population :-) I will try to help with this when I get a large enough population going.
aquafever
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by aquafever »

The marking told me that US$100 for 10pcs.
Is it cheaper enough?
HA HA HA :-D
milalic
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by milalic »

Are we supposed to discuss price in threads?
milalic
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by milalic »

Nice shrimp...
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

I think price is OK to discuss in context to this thread, just not buying, selling swapping or who to get them from.

I was just venting that these shrimp are very hard to keep (at least for me and my water) and very expensive. No one wants to pay big bucks for animals that just end up dead.
Kenshin
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Kenshin »

I also have to agree it is very hard to keep since they are super-sensitive compare to other shrimps we have been keeping. I have kept them for a while now and I am still learning new things from trying to raise them everyday.

The animals sold in the aquarium shrimp market right now are mostly matured adults. So therefore, the people who are inquiring about this "special grade" shrimps do not know how old these shrimps are in the first place. It could die the day after you receive it or days later before the shrimp decide to breed again so basically that live arrival guarantee the sellers give to buyers are out of the window.

In addition, the prices are so high that people can only inquire one to a few instead of 10 or more. Therefore in order for them to breed is some what harder than other typical shrimps in which we can inquire for at least 10. Not to mention the shipping charges.

I believe people in USA (like us) will not inquire them as much until we can get some people (shrimp maniacs like us) who can successfully breed them, get them in healthy and good quality condition, sub-juvenile to sub-adult, and in largeer quantities so the prices will drop.
Last edited by Kenshin on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Yes, price is fine as long as it is something like: "I bought my shrimp for 5 dollars!" or "where I live these shrimp cost 3 dollars" or "the market price for S grade crystal reds has dropped to 10 dollars"

But it's not ok to include who sells it or anything to do with inquiries. Here an example: "X seller sells the shrimp for 3 dollars" or "where can I buy these shrimp for 3 dollars."
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

People in other countries seem to have good luck with them. We just need to find out what they are doing different.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

People in other countries seem to have good luck with them. We just need to find out what they are doing different.
In one of te past threads one of our members in asia mentioned that they found a book on raising CRS but was not allowed to buy it from the seller :!: Doesn't this sound like they are trying to protect their secrets to you or is this an isolated case :? ?

I have heard from more than several people that they are not willing to pay more than $5 a shrimp and will not try until then. This may be the threshold at which the demand will boom :!:
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

I wouldn't hesitate to buy them for $15 or even $20 if I thought I could breed them, but my last three attempts resulted in no shrimp.
milalic
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by milalic »

badflash wrote:People in other countries seem to have good luck with them. We just need to find out what they are doing different.
Is my opinion that it has to do with their water parameters. Most of the Asian breeders I know have water that have almost no calcium and magnesium. They also use substrate that tend to lower the ph of water.

-Pedro
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

This is why I am thinking about trying ADA aquasoil in my CRS tank. I am already using R/O water to get the soft effects.
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

i think the big problem (i talk for me not in general) is getting theese shrimp in good shape.
after that optimal water parameter can be reach by most of the experience shrimp keeper.

in my case all the CRS i see around here are bad quality (i am not talking about grade but health).
seem but i am not sure , they dont travel very well, specially oversea.

what other think ?