Natural sponges in shrimp tanks
Moderator: Mustafa
-
TurtleBoyPW5
- Larva

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:45 pm
-
starrystarstarr
- Egg

- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:06 pm
- Location: Brownsville, Texas
-
Terran
- Shrimp

- Posts: 186
- Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:10 pm
- Location: Fairfax VA
A tiny update.
Lately Ive been "seeding" small Java Ferns in the center of a given sponge.
The Java Fern attaches and spreads out in a fan like fashion out of the top of the sponge.
It looks really natural and the Java Fern seems to enjoy growing into the sponge.
Its now been a very long time that I have had these sponges in my tanks with no noticeable detrimental effects...
Im going to wait till I prune the plant a bit before I take pictures....
I actually like the effect so much that I got like a bunch of little gallon jugs each with little sponges with a Java Fern growing in it. So I can put "Java Fernized Sponges" in all my aquariums.....
Lately Ive been "seeding" small Java Ferns in the center of a given sponge.
The Java Fern attaches and spreads out in a fan like fashion out of the top of the sponge.
It looks really natural and the Java Fern seems to enjoy growing into the sponge.
Its now been a very long time that I have had these sponges in my tanks with no noticeable detrimental effects...
Im going to wait till I prune the plant a bit before I take pictures....
I actually like the effect so much that I got like a bunch of little gallon jugs each with little sponges with a Java Fern growing in it. So I can put "Java Fernized Sponges" in all my aquariums.....
-
Aquaman
- Egg

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:44 am
-
RCSGuy
- Shrimp

- Posts: 173
- Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:23 pm
- Location: Miami, FL