To introdue myself...

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Fishguy2727
Egg
Egg

To introdue myself...

Post by Fishguy2727 »

My main invertebrate tank is a 20long. There is no filter, just a Duetto 50 without any media that is just for flow. There are lots of plants (anacharis, duckweed, crystalwort, moss ball, etc.). Lighting is just old incandescent hoods with screw-in compact fluorescent bulbs from Home Depot (5x800 lumens). There are a few sub-adult guppies in there that were bron in my 75. I am not sure if all the shrimp are still in there, but I have added: 2 bamboo, 8 ghost, 6 amano, 1 blue amano, 2 cherry, 2 tangerine, and 2 tiger. There is also a freshwater clam in there. Here is my PhotoBucket Page.
Fishguy2727
Egg
Egg

Re: To introdue myself...

Post by Fishguy2727 »

Here is a whole tank shot:
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Hi Fishguy2727, thanks for the introduction and nice pictures of your shrimp and tank. I like how your surface is covered with duckweed, although I don't think I could handle dealing with that myself. So how long have you been keeping shrimp? What type of camera did you use to take the nice pictures, I ask because I am looking for one right now. I think the shrimp will be more then fine in that tank but even better when the fish are moved.

Please keep us updated on your progress. I hope you find this forum helpful in caring for and keeping your shrimp happy.

Neon
Fishguy2727
Egg
Egg

Post by Fishguy2727 »

I had a pair of rams in there but I moved them when I added the tangerines and tigers. They are all out more now. I don't think the guppies are bothering them, considering I saw at least one flare up at and scare away one of the rams when it was in there. There are only a handful of guppies.

The camera is a Canon PowerShot SD950 IS. It is 12.1 megapixels. There is a nice Macro setting, as well as an aquarium setting.

I have had shrimp for about a year now. I started with the ones that are currently in a 10. I started this 'natural' 20long a few months ago. I had a filter on it at first, but once the plants started to take off I removed it. I never do water changes on it and the nitrates are staying down to abotu 5ppm.

The duckweed is good and bad. I have to put the food through it before it will sink. I feed nothing but New Life Spectrum to all my fish. If I just drop it in it would just sit on top of the duckweed. I take scoops out and put it in my 75 for the goldfish to eat, they love it. I can take a few scoops out with a net and it still covers the whole surface.