in berry with no male?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Re: in berry with no male?

Post by Neonshrimp »

Since I have anywhere from 1000 to 100,000 shrimp at any given time, a small number do have issues molting, like lost limbs. I also find, on average, six deaths per month.
That is alot of shrimp :o Do you have many tanks or large tanks to house these shrimp?
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by pixl8r »

Most of my shrimp are Macrobrachium species. Most of my Macro shrimp are Red Claws. I don't have the tank space, if all of those shrimp were adults, but I sell most of my stock to local pet/fish stores while the shrimp are still young, less than an inch long. I have 19 tanks operating right now, and three more that are empty (55g, 20g and 10g), waiting for my new aquarium room to be finished.

I will be getting a few plastic tubs that I'll be using in my attempts to breed Macrobrachium cf. scabriculum. Those tanks will be hatcheries, where I'll experiment with different types of foods, levels of salinity, and other variables.

I currently have all of my aquariums in my 'office'. It's a wee bit crowded, to say the least.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Sounds like things are running smoothly for you. Best wishes with the expansion and new aquarium room. Please keep us updates :-)