Shrimp Cluster

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

LeShrimp
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Shrimp Cluster

Post by LeShrimp »

Throughout the day the shrimp end up all in one spot. They only do this sometimes during the day and they do it every morning why is this ? o.o
http://i47.tinypic.com/35i0fp5.jpg
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Re: Shrimp Cluster

Post by KenCotigirl »

When I first read your post your question did not sink in. When I was recently looked at my tank it hit me. My shrimp or at least a number of them congregate in a location. For example the temperature probe will have a dozen or more shrimp attached. My heater which is unplugged but not removed because I am lazy has a dozen or more shrimp hanging on the wire and controller. Why I have no clue. I do not have a bare tank. There are broken pieces of coral and macro algae. Many vertical surfaces. They just do.
LeShrimp
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: Shrimp Cluster

Post by LeShrimp »

COTIGIRL wrote:When I first read your post your question did not sink in. When I was recently looked at my tank it hit me. My shrimp or at least a number of them congregate in a location. For example the temperature probe will have a dozen or more shrimp attached. My heater which is unplugged but not removed because I am lazy has a dozen or more shrimp hanging on the wire and controller. Why I have no clue. I do not have a bare tank. There are broken pieces of coral and macro algae. Many vertical surfaces. They just do.
Yes, I noticed that a lot of the healthier shrimp stick together I think this is because maybe there is a lot of bacteria there or they are just very social creatures :P