Red Cherry Shrimp Algae Diet

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

jonathan03
Larva
Larva

Red Cherry Shrimp Algae Diet

Post by jonathan03 »

In my tanks, I have some black hair algae and green spot algae. I was wondering if red cherry shrimp will eat it? If not, will any other shrimp eat it? The green spot algae is very tough. I'm wondering if they will be able to get it off?
shrimpboyLA
Larva
Larva

Post by shrimpboyLA »

From my experience the Cherry Red's scores a 6 out of 10 in eating algae compared to the Amano's which in my book scores a 8.

My Cherry Red's will pick at the surface of leaves but will not touch hair algae of any kind and they do nuts on Blood Worms.

Amano's will eat most algae but the blue hair bush algae.

I use asian stripe snails for the green spots type algae.

chlorophyll
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by chlorophyll »

wow, those are pretty snails.
retardo
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by retardo »

where'd u get the snails? they aren't the common ramshorn or mts you can find easily in an lfs. i have a spot algae problem that i'd love to have some help with. thanx.

rich
MAck
Egg
Egg

Post by MAck »

Which snail is better in fighting with algae the apple snail or the asian stripe snail?
jonathan03
Larva
Larva

Post by jonathan03 »

Thanks for the suggestions. Are there any creatures that will eat the blue/black bush algae? I have a fair amount growing on my sword plant and I was just removing it manually.