Keeping Cherry Shrimp and Tiger Shrimps together.

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

SnyperP
Egg
Egg

Keeping Cherry Shrimp and Tiger Shrimps together.

Post by SnyperP »

I finally managed to track some reds down in california and bought 8. TO my amazement, there was also another tank of shrimps which i suspect to be tiger shrimp. Although their black bands are not as predominate as the pictures provided here. Anyways, my question is if it would be possible to house both of these species together. Would there be any issues with crossbreeding?
beckypyyeung
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by beckypyyeung »

I asked the same question some time ago. I was told that it's impossible for these two species to crossbreed.
SnyperP
Egg
Egg

Post by SnyperP »

That's great. The only thing i was worried about was them cross breeding. I'll house them together until i can setup another tank for them. Thanks for your quick reply!
Shroitaka
Egg
Egg

Post by Shroitaka »

hi, what part of cali are you from? where did you purchase the tiger shrimps at?
MXgirl
Egg
Egg

Post by MXgirl »

Ooo! Yes, I would like to know as well :D
SnyperP
Egg
Egg

Post by SnyperP »

Actually someone who had bought some from the same location told me they were most likely bee or bumblebee shrimp. So i'm not quite sure anymore. But the ones i have don't fit the coloration that well. Maybe i should take a picture to help identify it.

Anyways, I'm located in Southern California and found those shrimps in Pasadena. The place is called Pasadena Tropical Fish. I recommend calling them beforehand if you're looking on heading down for some.
MXgirl
Egg
Egg

Post by MXgirl »

O.k. Thank you for the info! :-)
I'm looking to expanding my shrimp population as well as trying to breed them. It sure is hard to find them, though. My favorite LFS that had the only variety around, just announced that they are going out of business :cry:
rclover
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by rclover »

grins hey synperp it's me turtlehead from APC, pasadena is a secret, SHHH!! :lol:
SnyperP
Egg
Egg

Post by SnyperP »

OH MY BAD! Let me edit my post! =p

Heh it's all about sharing around here ;)