Algae losing color

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Shraaamp
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:55 pm

Algae losing color

Post by Shraaamp »

Image

I have some shrimp, snails, and macro algae in a 2 gallon container. Everything purchased from this site. Have had this setup for about a year. One shrimp bred about 6 months ago, but haven’t had any since then. I’ve been feeding one micro pellet of aquatic frog / tadpole food every two months. The algae has gone from green to a very pale yellow. It’s on a coffee table in a room with no overhead light but is 9 ft from a sliding glass door which gets direct sun in the mornings.

I assume this means more sunlight is needed? Any advice for how to tweak my setup?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sliphorn
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Algae losing color

Post by sliphorn »

Shraaamp wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:03 pm Image

I have some shrimp, snails, and macro algae in a 2 gallon container. Everything purchased from this site. Have had this setup for about a year. One shrimp bred about 6 months ago, but haven’t had any since then. I’ve been feeding one micro pellet of aquatic frog / tadpole food every two months. The algae has gone from green to a very pale yellow. It’s on a coffee table in a room with no overhead light but is 9 ft from a sliding glass door which gets direct sun in the mornings.

I assume this means more sunlight is needed? Any advice for how to tweak my setup?
..
It is more likely to be a lack of nutrients not a lack of light. You could try feeding more often.
..