I have this little larva looking thing that appeared on the surface of the water. It's not related to the shrimp or snails, right? The tank stays loosely covered so I think something just fell in somehow? I am removing it but wanted to double check that it's not something that's supposed to be there...
Weird larva?
Moderator: Mustafa
-
o.Ohill
- Egg

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun May 07, 2023 8:37 pm
Weird larva?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Pier777
- Egg

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2025 5:01 am
Re: Weird larva?
How big is it? I can’t tell from that frame of reference.
-
Tiny Ocean
- Larva

- Posts: 46
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:06 am
Re: Weird larva?
Huh....looks sorta like a bristle worm ? People who run full saltwater tanks might be able to tell you.
-
o.Ohill
- Egg

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun May 07, 2023 8:37 pm
Re: Weird larva?
In the picture it's on half of a plastic straw, so very small... I'm pretty satisfied that it was an invader and not shrimp-related so not too worried about IDing it anymore, but would still be interesting if anyone happened to know.